Are you ready for the AI-powered future?
IFTF’s newest Foresight Essentials Course — Three Horizons of AI — can help.
With IFTF as your guide, you’ll learn techniques for interpreting the extraordinary pace of change in AI today, while developing practical, long-term perspectives for you and your organization or community.
For over 50 years, IFTF has helped global organizations, governments, and communities understand and make sense of new technologies and their potential impacts on societies. With a rich background in forecasting and tech literacy, IFTF offers unique expertise and comprehensive knowledge of the present and future AI landscapes.
About the Three Horizons of AI Course
The course will take place in three weekly 2-hour virtual sessions, each focused on understanding the potential short-term, mid-term, and long-term futures of AI. It includes an overview of the rapidly evolving AI field, hands-on experience with cutting-edge generative AI platforms, and structured methods for developing your foresight about what it all means.
Horizon 1 Session: What we see today
Familiarize yourself with generative AI, interact with today’s cutting-edge AI tools, and create your own AI-driven forecast.
Horizon 2 Session: Envisioning the next 5 years
Interrogate the mid-term strategic implications of generative AI. Create personalized forecasts drawing on current signals of change and external forces shaping AI development in the next 3-5 years.
Horizon 3 Session: Imaging the next 10 years and beyond
Push your strategic horizon out to the next decade, using IFTF’s Systems Mythology framework to assess the possible roles, applications and user contexts that AI will serve as it integrates with existing systems.
With this course, you will:
- Gain a foundational understanding of Large Language Models’ (LLMs)
- Acquire practical experience with four tried-and-tested forecasting techniques, empowering you to develop and articulate provocative visions of potential futures, backed by tangible evidence from today.
- Explore current and emerging AI applications and use cases, with a focus on their future potential.
- Participate in a guided, hands-on session with generative AI tools, designed to help you understand the medium’s strengths, weaknesses, and unique affordances.
- Foster collective sense-making by engaging in facilitated group discussions about AI futures.
- Develop high-level assessments of potential opportunities and risks that AI might pose to your organization.
- Learn how to build a custom AI-powered web application, using the knowledge and resources provided during the course.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for a broad audience including, but not limited to:
- Professionals: Looking to integrate AI into their work processes or who want to understand its influence on their industries.
- Executives: Aiming to future-proof their organizations against the disruptive potential of AI.
- Strategists: Interested in leveraging AI's transformative power to gain a competitive advantage.
- Foresight Professionals: Wanting to deepen their understanding of how AI will shape the next decade.
- Curious Minds: Anyone intrigued by AI and its strategic implications, both now and in the future.
Regardless of your background, no prior AI knowledge is required. All you need is a willingness to explore, use your imagination and learn.
Don't miss this opportunity to build your own AI literacy!
This course is three two-hour sessions:
- Thurs Oct 12, 2023 8:00-10:00am PDT | 11:00am-1:00pm EDT | 5:00-7:00 CEST
- Thurs Oct 19, 2023 8:00-10:00am PDT | 11:00am-1:00pm EDT | 5:00-7:00 CEST
- Thurs Oct 26, 2023 8:00-10:00am PDT | 11:00am-1:00pm EDT | 5:00-7:00 CEST
Space is limited. Early registration is recommended.
Contact the organizer to request a refund. Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable.