IFTF, the world's leading futures organization, is looking for an organized professional and aspiring futurist to work with our visionary Executive Director, Marina Gorbis. In this role, you’ll collaborate with key team members – including our executive producer and key leadership to ensure Marina has what she needs to contribute effectively to cross-functional initiatives and is prepared to represent the organization successfully in speeches, events, and in both internal and external meetings.
In this role you will be a program assistant and run point on the day-to-day administration on all ED-led research and special projects (and serve as a project manager as needed). This includes supporting team communication, budget management, deliverables execution, and relationship management. The ideal candidate has four to six years of experience in research, consulting and/or business operations and enjoys a highly creative, fast-paced, mission-driven environment. This is an opportunity to work with and learn from one of the most experienced futurists around. This position is full-time and ideally based out of our offices in Palo Alto, CA; however due to COVID-19, the entire team is working remotely until a time to be determined.
- Day-to-day administrative support and oversight of the weekly calendar of the ED
- Project management of all ED-led initiatives and other projects in an as-needed basis including running point on team and project meetings, timelines, budget tracking and oversight and coordinating with all supporting teams
- Develop plans, strategies and support for ED-related events and meetings (internal and external)
- Coordinate with project leads across IFTF to ensure ED/team alignment on large-scale initiatives
- Provide research assistance, compile and edit research-based briefing materials as needed
- Work on special projects with the ED as needed
- Work with ED and org leadership to help teams work together more effectively through better processes and documentation (e.g., working cross-functionally to develop a more robust template for sharing knowledge and communicating across the organization)
- Draft project and stakeholder communications on behalf of the ED
- Track record of excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively surface key information to CEO and project stakeholders and “connect dots” in a clear, concise manner
- Experience juggling many tasks under tight timelines and shifting priorities as needed
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to adapt voice to meet specific audiences
- Some research and analytical skills
- Experience working directly with senior executives and ability to actively manage-up
- Team management experience a plus
- Proficiency with common software and collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft
- Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Mail. Familiarity with Macintosh computers and Salesforce is a bonus
- Passion for IFTF’s mission and vision for a more equitable sustainable future
- Personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Available to consistently work regular PDT hours
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IFTF strives to offer competitive compensation and benefits for its employees. In addition to a salary that is commensurate with experience, employee benefits include paid vacation days, holidays, sick time, health and dental coverage for both employee and eligible dependents, 403(b) retirement contributions of 10% of salary after first year of employment, long-term disability coverage, commuter transit reimbursement, cell phone stipend, and optional FSA and insurance plans.
Send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Institute for the Future values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBT individuals, women, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. IFTF is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Institute for the Future is the world’s leading futures thinking organization. For over 50 years, businesses, governments, and social impact organizations have depended upon IFTF global forecasts, custom research, and foresight training to navigate complex change and develop world-ready strategies. IFTF methodologies and toolsets yield uncommonly coherent views of transformative possibilities across all sectors that together support a more sustainable future. Institute for the Future is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Palo Alto, California.