The IFTF Blog
IFTF Seeks Accounting & HR Coordinator
We want you to join our team!
Institute for the Future (IFTF)—a fast-paced, 49-year-old research and educational not-for-profit organization in the heart of downtown Palo Alto—seeks an energetic and proactive Accounting & Human Resources Coordinator to manage a wide variety of tasks in these critical administrative functions. Ideal candidates will be those who are proactive and enjoy creating new solutions, have meticulous attention to detail, and are continuously self-motivated to improve. This role includes a mix of both routine day-to-day tasks as well as opportunities to manage larger projects. We are looking for someone with consistent follow-through and who enjoys building relationships across our entire organizational network.
Primary Responsibilities - Accounting
- Manage entire Accounts Payable cycle, including account coding, credit card reconciliations and ensuring supporting documentation is accurate and complete.
- Process all employee expense reports, obtain necessary approvals and signatures and ensure accuracy.
- Under guidance of Director of Finance and Administration, create financial reports for leadership meetings and Board of Directors.
- Assist employees in interpreting monthly project cost reports.
- Serve as central point of contact for creating Affiliate Agreements and tracking their progress. This includes collecting W9’s and ensuring that 1099’s are correct and distributed.
- Navigate Blackbaud accounting software and pull data as requested.
- Use Excel to prepare and present financial data in a meaningful and useful way.
- Assist in grant reporting and administration.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and retirement plan contributions. This includes reconciling payroll to project billings and overseeing timesheets for accuracy.
- Prepare sales tax returns, property tax returns, submit business license renewals, and other government reports, as required.
- Oversee administration of annual renewal of insurance plans.
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration and the Executive Producer with scheduling meetings, completing expense reports, filing documents, and other administrative needs.
- Perform project work and other duties as needed and assigned.
Primary Responsibilities – Human Resources Coordination
- Serve as primary liaison between Staff and TriNet, IFTF’s Professional Employer Organization. This includes assisting employees with leaves of absence and basic benefits questions.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing and hiring cycles including screening resumes and phone screens, scheduling interviews and preparing offer letters.
- Oversee and conduct new employee on-boarding.
- Maintain employee files in a confidential and professional manner.
- Participate in other HR related projects as needed.
Education & Desired Qualifications
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting and Human Resources
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Can do attitude and an independent self-starter is imperative
- Experience with non-profits and donation processing is desirable
- Experience with Blackbaud accounting software and TriNet PEO a plus
Terms of Position
This position is full-time and located in our offices in downtown Palo Alto, California.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to: email@example.com
APPLICATIONS DUE: April 7, 2017