Do you have a strategy for facing the future of AI?
IFTF’s newest Foresight Essentials Course — Three Horizons of AI — can help.
So many of you joined IFTF to forecast emerging possibilities in the first cohort of our new Three Horizons of AI mini-course that we have added three more dates, including a session that is optimized for APAC/Eastern Hemisphere timezones!
In three 2-hour sessions you will engage with renowned IFTF research faculty and foresight tools to look across the near-, mid-, and long-term technology horizons. This course will help you make sense of this rapidly changing landscape, equip you with powerful and practical futures thinking skills, teach you how to use generative AI to forecast the futures you care about, and inform your organizational AI visions.
About the Three Horizons of AI Course
The course is three weekly 2-hour virtual sessions, each designed to explore the potential short-term, mid-term, and long-term futures of AI. By participating in this course you’ll get an overview of the rapidly evolving AI field, hands-on experience with cutting-edge generative AI platforms, and structured methods for forecasting emerging risks and opportunities.
Horizon 1 Session: What we see today
Familiarize yourself with generative AI, interact with today’s cutting-edge AI tools. Understand early adopters, innovators and signals. Create your own AI-driven forecast.
Horizon 2 Session: Envisioning the next 5 years
Identify the risks and opportunities that AI presents to your organization. Anticipate and prepare for mid-term disruptions.
Horizon 3 Session: Imagining the next 10 years and beyond
Push your strategic horizon out to the next decade. IFTF’s Systems Mythology framework builds your long-term insight and helps you assess possible roles, applications and user contexts that AI will serve as it integrates with existing systems. Develop scenarios and applications for possible AI-driven futures.
With this course, you will:
- Gain a foundational understanding of Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Learn six practical tried-and-tested forecasting techniques, empowering you to develop your own provocative visions backed by tangible evidence from today
- Explore current and emerging AI applications and use cases to prepare for unexpected possibilities
- Develop high-level assessments of the opportunities and risks that generative AI poses to your organization
- Participate in a guided, hands-on session with generative AI tools, designed to help you understand the medium’s strengths, weaknesses, and unique affordances for foresight and insight
- Be part of collective futures sense-making through group discussions with a globe-spanning group of public and private sector professionals
- Build your own AI-powered chatbot
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for a broad audience including:
- Professionals: Looking to integrate generative AI into work processes or understand its influence on their industries.
- Executives: Aiming to future-proof their organizations to leverage the potential of AI.
- Strategists: Interested in using AI's transformative power to gain a competitive advantage.
- Foresight Professionals: Wanting to deepen their understanding of how AI will shape the next decade.
- Curious Minds: Anyone intrigued by generative AI and its strategic implications, both now and in the future.
No prior AI knowledge is required. All you need is a willingness to explore, use your imagination, and learn.
Don't miss this opportunity to build your own AI literacy!
This course is three two-hour sessions:
November 28, December 5, and 12, 2023
8am-10am Pacific Time
Space is limited. Early registration is recommended.
Contact the organizer to request a refund. Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable.