What We Do
The Future of Philanthropy
Networked Action for Social Impact
The world is undergoing a massive transformation, with technologies enabling individuals and groups to accomplish the kinds of things previously possible only through large organizations or not at all. This transformation will disrupt many institutions, from governments to corporations to non-profits—and organized philanthropy will not be immune. Existing philanthropic organizations will face the challenge of envisioning a more open future, aligning their work with more impactful innovations, and mobilizing society toward social good in the coming decade.
In order to develop this resilience, IFTF has identified a set of future forces—disruptions that will transform our daily lives—that are dramatically reshaping the world of philanthropy. We know this research is revealing a whole new landscape of philanthropy that we are calling “second curve of philanthropy.” This map and IFTF’s processes can help keep your organization relevant and aligned with greater social impact in the new ecology of philanthropy in the coming decade.
Host a Remaking Philanthropy Workshop Today
How can you use foresight to gain insights that will enable you to make better, more impactful decisions today?
Our Remaking Philanthropy Workshop will immerse your organization in the future and help you build new pathways toward greater resilience and innovation. IFTF's forecasting and facilitation can help your organization:
- Think broadly to gain an “outside-in” perspective on long-term forces and trends shaping the future
- Anticipate opportunities for new impact and service offerings
- Gain agile positioning by questioning your assumptions and systematically considering alternative futures
- Jump-start strategic thinking by immersing you in future possibilities and identifying flexible long-term actions
- Prototype new offerings that leverage your expertise while aligning with the future