2015 Ten-Year Forecast + Map of the Decade
10YF2015: The Seven-Economy Future
The 2015 Ten-Year Forecast Annual Retreat explored the fragmented reality of the Seven Economy Future, a future-oriented framework that expands our traditional understanding of the global economy to consider the seven distinct economies that will influence markets, communities and organizations in the coming decade.
Over the course of three days on May 6-8, 2015, our Ten-Year Forecast team and program members went shopping in the microbial future, indulged in a speculative dining experience, stalked the native creatures of the networked world, and cast our minds into a future where seven economies intersect with urgent futures to create zones of innovation and disruption.
Specifically, the 2015 Ten-Year Forecast:
- MAPPED the motivations, incentives, and relationships that will emerge as these powerful transformations unfold in the 2015 Map of the Decade (PDF).
- EXAMINED the implications of larger economic shifts for each urgent futures, documenting new strategies and signal innovations.
- HACKED the future using the Toolkit for a Networked World by developing products, services, and even new institutional forms that use APIs to tap the new value flows in this emerging economy.
Read a Dylan Hendricks' (Ten-Year Forecast Program Director) play-by-play here.
THE FUTURE IS A VALUE PROPOSITION
It’s a promise of new wealth and new ways to share the wealth. It’s a pledge to see beyond the noisy landscape of the economic present to discover what we will value tomorrow—to see beyond today’s workforce, today’s markets, today’s business models to establish new value models.
The 2015 Map of the Decade (PDF) is the starting place. It’s a grid where seven economies intersect some of humanity’s most urgent futures to create zones of innovative value creation. It’s a guide to inventing what we’ll value in the future and securing that value for ourselves and for those who follow.
For more on the Ten-Year Forecast
- Use the 2014 Map of the Decade to scan the horizon of transformation, from new foundational technologies to the future of human settlements, our economies, and even our mental maps of the world
- Explore the Systems Mythology Toolkit which debuted at the 2014 Ten-Year Forecast conference
- Learn about being a member of the Ten-Year Forecast Program
- Check out previous years' Ten-Year Forecast research
- Contact Sean Ness (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information